Tuesday, August 11, 2009

2009 Aug 11: Early Bird Specials


There is a reason I forgot to post this picture all day, and that is because I loathe these shoes. I got talked into them because they're comfortable, and 60 lbs. ago, my feet hurt a lot when I did much walking, like, across the street from the parking garage to the entrance to the building where I work.

Seriously though, all I need is a fanny-pack, a canvas hat from LLBean, and I'm ready to go cruising the early bird specials at Luby's with my AARP card. These shoes have no soul, no style, but I have found them very useful when I want to travel incognito, say when going through airport security, and prefer to be mistaken for an old fat goober rather than an old fat biker. It's a control thing. I like to choose who gets to shove their fingers up my butt.

But in the spirit of my shoes a day challenge, I figured (a) they are acceptable for my state job where looking like an old fat dork earns more points than looking like an old fat biker.

And, um... I only sometimes look like a biker, motorcycles are too dangerous, I could lose a leg or something, eww! I have expensive tattoos to think about, and although I find the thought hilarious, there's probably a law against skinning even your own body parts. But man, the backs of my legs would make great colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment