Friday, August 21, 2009

2009 Aug 20-21Shoes Every Two Days




What kind of world is it when one's job responsibilities interfere with one's blogging?

These are what I had on yesterday, a pair of deconstructed Chuck's. I get comments and compliments from random strangers everywhere I go in these. Old men, young men, women, children, everyone loves these sneakers. They are Classic Converse Chuck Taylor's, but they're made from plaid wool with a purple canvas lining. The brown rubber sole with the green and purple stripes make them somehow more cool. The edges are unfinished, giving them a "deconstructed" look. Found them on eBay as I have found so many of my favorite shoes. I don't know whether I'm flattered or embarrassed that in a pile by the door, my family assumed they belonged to my brother's 20-something son. He's pretty cool so I guess it's a compliment whether they thought so or not.

The checkerboard sneakers I'm wearing today would be my favorites if they fit right, but they're T.U.K. and as I've mentioned, they run a full size small. I took the bondage strap off the back, that thing just annoys me, getting caught on stuff, and it just seemed stupid. Given how much I love hardware and straps and clips and things, I'm a little surprised I feel that way but who am I to question myself?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! :)
    This is an awesome collection of new ideas!
    Eagerly waiting for more valuable articles.
    You would feel more happy to read similar one from here-
    https://topshoesbrand.com/

    ReplyDelete