Thursday, August 13, 2009

2009 Aug 13 Bown Cap Toes

Today I'm wearing Dockers' cap-toe brown oxford, US men's 9W. There's a two-day moratorium on the six week long casual clothes festival because the State Board of Education is meeting in our building. These rules about what you can wear crack me up, seriously, I read email and just laugh. They take this very seriously at the State, I could be written up if I show up in pants made from the wrong kind of fabric. How can you not laugh? It's real life theater of the absurd. I tell you what, if they told me I had to wear a brown paperbag hat on Tuesdays, I would, and it'd be stylish, too. At any rate, I needed brown shoes for work, because it just isn't done to wear black dress shoes with chinos, and these were what I could find in a wide width at some discount shoe place with an actual retail front, Famous Footwear I think.

Some people would call these dress shoes (Dockers thinks they are) but let's be honest, they're simply somewhat dressy casual shoes. Men's dress shoes are not made by "Dockers" and they don't have rubber soles. Come to think of it, is there really such a thing as a brown dress shoe? I think they fall in the same category as short sleeve dress shirts, a tautological impossibility

Hey, I don't make these rules, I just report them.

No comments:

Post a Comment